Survey Invitations provide an email invitation that includes a link to the designated survey. There are several methods for sending Survey Invitations which are outlined below.
From an individual's 'Case Detail' page
Use this approach if you want a record of the Survey Invitation as well as the Survey results (and their Personalized Feedback Report) to be available on their cases page.
- To send an invitation to an existing case, locate the individual case on the Cases page.
- Select the desired case by 'clicking' anywhere in the row of the case record. This will bring you to the Manage Case page for this individual.
- Select the 'Surveys' tab located in the navigation panel near the top of the page.
- Click the button located in the top right corner of the page.
- In the resulting window, use the drop-down menu to select the Survey and Message Template you wish to send to the case.
- Click 'Save' to send the invitation.
- The invitation details will now appear on the 'Manage Case' for this particular case.
See clip immediately below for an example of using this approach to send a Survey Invitation.
Please click the clip above to expand it
Sent Automatically Via an Event
Use this approach to send invitations automatically. The invitations can be be set up to be sent automatically based on triggering events such as the creation of a case. Importantly, logic can be applied to limit the invitations from being sent to only designated cases, such as for a particular Referral Source or type. As with the method reviewed above, this type of Survey Invitation will result in the invitation and survey response details being available on the Manage Case page for the individual.
View the video tutorial below for instructions on setting up an automated Survey Invitation.
From the Designated Survey's Detail Page
Survey Invitations can also be sent directly from the Manage Survey page of a particular survey. Use this approach to quickly send an invitation to a person. However, please note that the invitation and survey results will not automatically be linked to a case record. That is, unless the Survey has been set up (via Event) to automatically create a case record, there will be no case record associated with the invitation or survey results. Survey results will be available on the Surveys/Session page but will not be associated with a Case Record.
View the video below for an example of sending a Survey Invitation using this method.